Saturday, November 27, 2010

STOP DA MUZZAK!!!!

I used to LOVE to dance. I would know all the new dances, but my dancing was always for me. Even when the cousins would get together and throw a step together to entertain the parents, I was never in the front, and my dancing was for me. Now there was a way that I danced in public and a way I danced at home. Now-a-days it seems like there's no difference. People display their private dancing at any time for anyone to see. But when did I stop dancing and enjoying it???? Well like anything else with me when someone made it into something it was not intended to be. I was married, and my then husband was filming a routine my sister and I were performing. I guess like any normal pervert he took advantage of using my Father's Camcorder to turn our routine into something it was never intended to be. UGH! I was so disgusted, annoyed, embarrassed, and so on and so forth. I stopped dancing that day. Club dancing became the gist of my breaking it down (a classic two-step twist that changed according to the rhythm) so sad for me. A few times I asked my sister to come over and get me up to speed, but she was never interested. The music stopped playing, I can always remember what I used 2 do.... I took a dance class with 2 friends. Our instructor kept relating most of our moves to praise dancing... being someone who's never been acquainted with praise dancing it was somewhat difficult to follow. Besides when I dance I don't arrive at a move the same way others do. I have my own style I guess you could say. But what was ANNOYING and stopped me from re-enrolling once my class had run its course was the instructor. When the class began it was PACKED! But very quickly the class size dwindled to four students. I never missed a class, but everyone else missed at least one. But it was as if I didn't exist in the class. Now I have no problem with fading to the back ground. But when I'm spending my money on your class, I shouldn't feel like the ugly sister in the end. :o( Oh well, to this day Zimo and I joke about the sound the instructor made whenever she tried to describe a movement to us. Doon-da-da-Doon-da-da-Doon! LOL! Last year I took a dance class with my baby. First class it was packed, men and women, and it was SO FUN! It was a Afro-Peruvian class. I could understand the instructor's movements, but again I didn't always arrive at them the same way she did, but that wasn't knocked. I just didn't realized that in the end we had to perform in front of an audience. YIKES! But besides that it was a lot of fun. And they incorporated nutrition into the classes. NICE! I want a dance class for me, I wanna dance, but then it comes back to the issue of the finances, and the fact that I really don't have time to any how. I'm in LOVE with Ne-Yo's song "One in a Million" it makes me wanna dance, but could I even do it? Could I pull it off? I need to tape the video and then give it a real try... Maybe then the MUZZAK can play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment