Friday, November 12, 2010

I lack the commitment

OK, so on FB I have liked all these natural hair sites. Maybe I shouldn't have done so many all at once. but when you find them you should do what you gotta do to keep up with them. A few folks on FB have blogs and they document their journeys. I love looking at different one's locs. When I was growing up there were people with locs but in my opinion they didn't look good. I used to say all the time that locs reminded me of dirt. BUT THEN people around me started locking their hair, and oh my goodness how beautiful they've become to me. I love seeing the different styles achieved with them. And I have to admit I like having the temp ones myself. The last time I had them I got so many compliments, and I felt they were very becoming on me if I do say so myself. :o)
The only complaint I had was how FAST my hair grew with them in. After two weeks I needed to have them redone. I know should be happy to know that my hair was growing (or at least I think that was new growth it could've have been slippage too) having my hair look raggedy so quickly was not the business for me. I really did like having my hair like this in the morning I just got up and went. But I lack the commitment to dedicate my hair to locs. I like brushing and combing my hair. I like pulling my hair into a ponytail and looking at my waves.... I would lose that if I loc'd my hair. BUT I look at how long they could and would grow, and I wonder if I'm doing myself an injustice...  so I sit on the fence not sure of what to do with my hair. I know I will not go back to a perm, but after that.... I loved braids but I'm tired of sitting all day to put them in, and then all the time and tears it takes to get them out. I'm kind of tired of my ponytail as well though. I think its time for a weave. I don't know, I guess I need to give it a little more time. I would to put the twist back in... but I don't wanna have to have them taken down and back up in two weeks. I don't know.... I do know that I need to know more about this grape seed oil, Kinky-Curly, Karen's Body Beautiful, and Shea butter that I see different ones talk about on YouTube, FB, and blogs. Where do you get it from? How should you use it? I wanna do something different with my hair, not as permanent as locs, but maybe as striking.... Oh what to do? What to do?

3 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Mos loc rockers have that fear of commitment in the beginning...but there is nothing to fear. I have more versatility now that I ever have....ask any other dread head, they'll tell you the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok lady, this pic is sayin WORK! "Hamma don't hurt em" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Abbie ur locs were the 1st to capture my admiration.... I'm waiting for an update frm loc rocker too. I may look into braids more behind reading some of her challenges and advice. But I dont know....

    @Sew Inspired LOL! I didnt even buy the dress. I took the pic to see how it looked outside of myself. Liked the picture didnt buy the dress. Now I wish I wouldve. LOL!

    ReplyDelete