Friday, November 19, 2010

I ROCK!

OK so I just finished watching Black Girls Rock! OH MY GOODNESS! Its almost like they took the words out of my mouth. I appreciate that this was not a show of females parading around half naked and pumping and gyrating all over the stage (could that be why Beyonce wasn't there LOL! I kid! I kid! Or do I?) the dignity of this ceremony was WONDERFUL! Beverly Bond's speech...... Whew! I NEED THAT! Now maybe I've gone about this the wrong way, but I want my child to embrace all races, so my child is a Disney child for real. However, I find that my child doesn't embrace many things about our culture. But ask them about the cast of  "So Random" or "The Suite Life" they're all over it. I'm glad for once we had a chance to watch television that celebrated ME! And in celebrating ME they see that they're to be celebrated because they came from ME! Anika Noni Rose said "I rock because I'm LOVED and because I'm able to LOVE!" OK! YES! So true! And then did you see the performance??? Kelly Price, Marcia Ambrosia, JILL SCOTT, and Ledisi performing "Four Women"! I need this song. The mood I'm in tonight I could play this song on repeat all NIGHT LONG! I Rock because I understand how beautiful and AWESOME I am! I ROCK because I look for the good in others! I Rock because I AM ME!

3 comments:

  1. you know what i liked about the show.... i liked that there were real women on the show... real women with real women bodies like mine... real women with real black women hair like mine....

    I ROCK!! tooo
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Rock! U Rock! We All ROCK! Rock on with our BAD SELVES! LOL!

    ReplyDelete