Monday, November 15, 2010

Moscato

Oh my goodness I LOVE SWEET WINE! The other day I had a Fage strawberry Greek Yogurt and Moscato wine for dessert. Oh my! Something about the creaminess of the yogurt and the acid of the wine that collided so beautifully in my mouth. I was in HEAVEN. I just drank the last swallow of my Moscato and regretted not having Greek yogurt to go with it. Yep I left a swallow in the container. (Harlem Nights!) Oh and then the other night I had my parents over for dinner and I made steamed green beans (my baby didn't like them, but that left more for me... YAY!), Baked loaded mash potatoes (don't try this at home you will gain weight LOL!), and cubed steak in a mushroom sauce. Yummy! Since we were having red meat we needed to drink red wine, but I like sweet. So I bought some Top of the Line Wine Carlos Rosi Sangria.... between the three of us we finished the bottle. Dinner was yummy and the wine sealed it. Then for dessert my child talked me into Claim Jumpers Apple Pie and Homestyle Vanilla. I'm still up six pounds from that dinner. LOL! It was delicious!
One time my aunt had me and my then husband over for dinner. She made Jambalaya (I ate around the shrimp... YUCK! But that's another post at another time.) and I cant remember what else. But the wine she served complimented the Jambalaya so well. It wasn't sweet at all and it was kind of strong, it may have even been a champagne for all I know. It was sparkling, but never until sweet have I been so smitten by wine with my meal.
The only thing about alcohol is that I need to drink tons of water before, during, and after consumption. Alcohol is a dehydrant and I any thing that dehydrates the normal person severely dehydrates me (the main reason I had to give up caffeine). I don't like the feeling of being hung over, and alcohol even in small doses has that affect on me without plenty of water. I think that was part of the thirty package. Or something that man planted in my head to slow me down on my drinking. I cant be mad either way, its way less expensive this way. Drinking can be expensive, and I'd rather spend my money on Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. do you know i just heard that song Carlos Rossi... i never knew why the husband would say "top of the line wine carlos rossi..." when he'd say that i'd be like "no it aint" .... hahahhaa

    but what's even funnier.... i never really saw Harlem nights either, so i didnt get the Swallow in the bottle reference....

    even with all that said, i'm still a RICHMOND CHICK ***mmNyock**

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's ALL I would hear about is that stinking song. I cant remember nothing about except that it said "Top of the line wine Carlos Rossi".....

    WHAT??? U nvr saw Harlem Nights so u dont know about Vera in the Alley... Quick getting beat, the pinky toe???? Oh my GOODNESS!

    TTTTTTTaaaaaaxxxxxxxxiiiiii!

    Its a Classic! I loved it! I dont know, I'm starting to rethink that card... we might have to revoke it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete