Friday, November 5, 2010

Rewind, Rewind, Rewind!

OK so, last night. I was flipping through my DVR and I decided to try the Shimmy belly dance lesson I recorded. Let me say that last weekend hanging with my cousin reminded me of how much I used to LOVE to dance. Then the next day I went over another cousin's house and we were talking about dance again.... I LOVE IT! So amongst other things dancing has been on my brain and last night my brain threw up. So I follow the instructions for the basic moves and you know what I realized???? I cant do it! LOL! Well here's the thing. I'm not a methodical dancers. I watch what you're doing I may even ask you to break it down very basic for me to understand what it is that you're doing. But how I arrive at that moment may be VERY different. Kind of like french braiding. People have explained to me how to do it for YEARS! But it wasn't until I sat down and watched my sister's hands and mimicked the way she moved them that I actually learned how to french braid. And still I only consider myself a novice braider. Braiding other people's hair doesn't work out so well for me. So I'm listening to the woman's voice instructing me on the dance moves and its not making sense. I'm trying to do what they're doing but it isn't working for me. BUT I worked up a nice little sweat... NICE! Then I said bump this, turn real on the real music, and I start trying to dance. MY GOODNESS I've forgotten all the moves. It's a shame for real, I was trying to figure out what to do most of the time and that's not cool. What happened to my moves? Someone stole my mojo for sure. LOL! So now I have to figure out how to tape some videos and kick it old school like my sister and I used to do back in the day. We'd tape our favorite video, turn the music up and then rewind, rewind, rewind until we got the moves down. Its time to dance again, it used to be a WONDERFUL outlet for me. Its time to reinstate that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment