Thursday, December 9, 2010

No Poo-wash

So FB has become my hair tutor... I hadn't heard the term no poo-wash b4. My aunt is basically doing this on her own. She has a 3c hair type and she used to straighten her hair a lot. Then over the past year or two she's been doing her own version of a no poo-wash and her hair is DOWN her back! Its curly and BEAUTIFUL! When she told me what she was doing I think I was turned off to the idea of not shampooing my hair. Dude religiously my hair is washed once a week. My head itches if I don't, and build-up starts forming. My hair ceased to act right, and I'd rather not. I love when my scalp is clean, and my hair smells fresh! Oh there's heaven in my head when my hair is clean. Last year I had a fight with my flat iron and it won. My poor hair has been breaking off ever since. TEARS! Note to self, I mean knew this but at the moment I forgot, you cant let just anyone in your head. NEVER AGAIN! Any who, so I've been trying to deal with that. Meanwhile I love to use Sebastian's Potion 9 as a leave in conditioner and then Sebastian discontinued the product. I had been trying to find a suitable replacement and that wasn't happening. So my mind has been ticking trying to think of how I'm going to give my hair what it needs while it grows back to its original glory. This morning on FB someone asked if you knew your hair number, etc. So I asked how do you know, and they told me to go here http://www.naturallycurly.com/ WONDERFUL site, so I think I'm a 4a hair type. But there was an article on this site about no poo-washing.... YES! I think I'm gonna try it. See how it feels on my hair... I would love to wear my curls loose and free, but I want more curl less fro... I don't think my hair will do that... so we'll see where this takes me. In the end I want it long and healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment