Thursday, December 16, 2010

Its Time!

I want my long hair back. So now its time for me to do some more researching, etc to find out what exactly I need to do to make my hair grow like weeds. So from what I read this morning my ponytail is a no no. My pony's have been my style for the past eight years or so. Then I need to steer clear of shampoos with Sulfates in them and conditioners and oils with Mineral oil and Petroleum in them. I honestly believe that hair needs to be moisturized in order to be strong and not break off as its growing. When I get home I guess its me an YouTube, as I try to figure out some styles that work for me.

Thanx to Abbie's blog I'm looking at head wraps in a whole new light. First I need to find a wrap so I cant practice putting that bad boy up and on. Oh once I get that down..... WATCH OUT! I'll be looking for BEAUTIFUL fabrics, etc... You may begin to think I have no hair with all the turbans I'll be wearing. LOL!

I am SO disappointed about the damage currently done to my hair. :o( In a way it feels like I have to start over from scratch and where I should working on hair in the middle of my back right now, I gotta worry about getting all new hair. Hurts me but oh well I gotta keep moving and NEVER make that mistake again. But what I really want is a low maintenance curly style that I can wear freely and just be happy. So now I'm on the hunt for the products that will allow me to do this. Yea every so often I miss straight hair and want it back. BUT! I want healthy and long hair more! So here's my mission and I choose to accept it. :o)

MISSION

Healthy lifestyle
  • Healthy food choices
  • Exercise
  • Healthy hair regimens
  • More hair care research
Thanx Becca for the heads up on Biotin, it will be one of my next health food store pick ups. Flax seed oil is another supplement that's good for healthy and strong hair and nails, but it also helps skin, different health ailments like Diabetes, etc.

Flax Seed

This wonderful gift from the earth provides the following:
  • Fights a variety of inflammatory disorders
  • One of the EFA's (essential fatty acids) in flax seed oil, is alpha-linolenic acid, is known as an omega-3 fatty acid. Like the omega-3s found in fish, it appears to reduce the risk of heart disease and numerous other ailments. In addition, flax seeds are a rich source of lignans, substance that appear to positively affect hormone-related problems.  Lignans may also be useful in preventing certain cancers and combating specific bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including those that cause cold sores and shingles.
  • Lower cholesterol, protect against heart disease and control high blood pressure
  • Counter inflammation associated with gout, lupus and fiibrocycstic breasts
  • Control constipation, hemorrhoids, diverticular disorders and gallstones
  • Treat acne, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, and rosacea
  • Reduce cancer risk and guard against the effects of aging
  • Treat menopause symptoms, menstrual cramps, female infertility and endometriosis
  • Fights prostate problems, and male infertility and impotence

The Benefits of Flax seed
Is flax seed the new wonder food? Preliminary studies show that flax seed may help fight everything from heart disease and diabetes to breast cancer.
By Elaine Magee, MPH, RDWebMD Feature
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

I currently have Flax seed in my cabinet I just gotta remember to take it. Maybe I should get a pill case and plan out my supplements... BUT! During a brief run in a Rainforest Cafe Sponsored class, we learned from an nutritionist that its better to eat foods that contain the elements we look to supplement to provide as its easier for our bodies to break down food than it is for our body's to breakdown pills. I remember Kale being a SUPER Food if you will. I gotta find some recipes for Kale and stores that sell it. Maybe my local grocery store sales it and I never noticed, but its time to remake everything about how I do everything. Time to even clean out my cabinets and start over. Its time, I'm ready to be healthy! ITS TIME!

3 comments:

  1. I gotta get some FLAX SEED! You can reach your physical goals!! Don't be discouraged over your hair, it will grow out long and strong! Just stick with your plan =.)

    P.S. We miss your journal entry posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this girls youtube channel. Watch her Hair journey videos. You will be SEW inspired!!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Longhairdontcare2011?feature=chclk#p/u/1/G6wFWeUg4r8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Thanx! It was BEAUTIFUL! I doubt my hair would ever look like that. Oh how I wish, but I gotta find a good regimen. More research to come some time soon. Thanx again!

    ReplyDelete