Thursday, December 30, 2010

Movies

I just finished watching Pride & Prejudice for the ump-teenth time. I love this movie, and its one of my Staples. I love Sense and Sensibility too! Emma was good although I love the "Clueless" adaptation of that story. But Emma is not one of my favs for sure. I love how Elizabeth was the main beauty and she was her own person, and still very beautiful. It can be that way when you have sisters. People tend to pick their favorite and the one they think is the most beautiful and then the ones they feel are runner ups. I love how Jane and Elizabeth are close and not competitors. I mean left up to people my oldest sister and I would've probably hated each other and fought like you wouldn't believe. But I always loved my sister and I always seem to push her in front of me when people were looking any how. I didn't mind falling to the background, I still kind of value the person who notices me even when I try my best not to shine. I mean I'm always looking for the person who is on the side, not the one in the front. Its always something special to me when a person sees me. One thing I always thought was true so in my mind this really worked for me, was that my sister and I had two totally different tastes. We never thought the same type of guy was attractive, and with that I didn't think that the type of guy we attracted were the same. Anyone interested in my sister is NEVER for me, and vice versa. Elizabeth and Jane didn't fight over guys and I like that about the two characters. Unfortunately my world was shattered to find that a boy I really liked decided to tell me later that at one point he was attracted to my sister. I could NEVER be with that guy again, he broke an unspoken rule. Did I miss something? Is that a rule that you should even have to make clear to the world. That information broke my heart and from it I haven't recovered. That information was worse of a betrayal than if he cheated on me with a thousand faceless females. Now I know some sisters "claim" not to have a problem with dating their sister's ex etc... BUT it is one of my golden rules, you don't date your friend's ex, and if that's just a friend do I have to mention sisters?
Back to my original statement, my all time favorite movies, I LOVE "The Mirror Has Two Faces"! I identify with Barbra's character. Although I could never consider myself a Professor, I consider myself a woman of great value. You just gotta see me, and I don't want to be seen for the reasons that others want to be seen for. She's just an everyday person with a sister and mother that she LOVES! Her sister is the beautiful one, and her sister looks like her mother. I look like my father too. Only thing is that she goes on a date with and kisses her sister's soon to be ex-husband. YUCK! Take that part and its a HOME RUN!
"In Her Shes" Oh my word YES! Me and my sister, the raving beauty and the ordinary sister. "The Holiday" I relate to Kate's character. The idiot who she was in love with who just continued to do her dirty, and then she ends up with Jack Black.... YES! I love me some Jack! "Where the Heart is" how she didn't feel she was good enough for the good guy... YEP! "Spanglish" I love that although they liked each other, they chose to do the right thing. Regardless of how beautiful she was, and how he deserved to be with someone who valued him, they did the right thing. Sometimes love isn't enough.... sigh! Lets see, that's all the movies I can think of right now. I'll think of more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment