Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Am I awake????

Saturday was my special day assembly, why did I suddenly begin to feel ill on Friday nite? I took some NyQuil Friday nite and Wal-Tussin all day Saturday as I prepared for my parent's party. Sunday morning I was up. I began by making the Fudge Toffee Mountain Cake.... This cake has over three pounds of butter including the icing. Once I took that cake out of the oven cleaned the dishes, I made the Pound cake, since that one took 40 minutes to bake I took that opportunity to hop in the shower and then clean the mess. I made the icing for the Fudge cake and then I made the icing for the Red Velvet. Three cakes out of the oven and cooling and it wasn't even 12:30pm yet (I was doing good on time, my guest were set to arrive at 3pm). Mind you I got an early start. My baby made Banana Pudding YAY! It was extremely warm in my house, so once I iced the cakes they started to slide so I had to put them in the fridge, thank goodness I had enough space. THEN I began cooking everything else all of my sides.
Unfortunately the other two sides I made didn't make it in front of the camera. :o( Eventually the turkey arrived and we could then eat. My little house was packed with people, but I had a blast. Everyone said they liked the food, which I love to hear. I only sampled the fudge cake out of pure curiosity.


I mean look at that, wouldn't you be curious to know what it tasted like? Well let me tell you. Have you ever had that Motherload Chocolate Cake (or whatever its called) at Claim Jumpers? Its like 8 or 10 layers high, if not it sure seems like it. But the cake is HUGE and chocolaty, that's what this cake tasted like. Chocolate upon Chocolate. I had a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. The next time I HAVE to have Chocolate I can make this bad boy, and I think I'll be straight for at least a year. The cake was moist and delicious.

Now as I made this cake something didn't feel right. The directions seemed different. I originally made this cake with butter, but now the recipe called for Canola oil. So in the middle of making this cake I looked long and hard at the recipe... OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS NOT THE SAME RECIPE! I frantically looked for a copy of the original version which I could not find. AG-GONY! So I continued with this recipe. Have you ever had something in your mixing bowl and thought.... WHAT ARE YOU???? After I put the cake int he oven I tasted the batter and it tasted pretty good, BUT! I was afraid! So I iced the cake and put it in the fridge.

I wondered how it tasted and feared the worst, just because it was different. The pound cake was the simplest. I thought about it yesterday and maybe I should've placed a drizzle of some sort over the top, but my mind was far removed from that idea for sure, ooh a lemon drizzle would've been perfect!
When it was time for dessert my BEAUTIFUL sister agreed to place her peppermint candies around the RVC as a garnish. Zimo suggested next time crushing them and adding them to the cake as my friend Elizabeth and I discussed before.

Everyone said the cake was delicious! I'm glad to hear it. But I just couldn't bring myself to taste it.... I don't know, I feared that maybe it would taste differently and I'd actually miss the butter. But here's our dessert spread:

I hope everyone enjoyed their selves and ate well. I shouldve gotten a picture of the Garlic Mashed Loaded Baked Potatoes! I made two tin trays of those bad boys and they were GONE! Ha! I loved that. I LOVE to make food and then watch people enjoy it. I just need to learn to stop enjoying it. LOL! No, now I wanna make all kinds of things. But when its hot outside don't talk to me about turning on the oven. How about NO! LOL!
So I got to see everyone and take a few pictures of folks etc. In the end my cousin decided to spend the nite. We started talking and before I knew it, it was 4:45am and my alarm would go off in 35 minutes. So I decided to stay awake. On the way to work the traffic seemed oddly light. huh? When I walked into the office it seemed extremely dark. I said out loud is it Monday or Sunday? I was hoping the walls would say Sunday and I would go home and sleep. :o) But my coworker soon appeared and that confirmed for me that I was indeed in the right place. I was so tired that I said a lot of random and sometimes hilarious things on FB. Cupcake wars moved me to tears, and then hysterical laughter as I read my post on FB! I don't remember falling asleep, but I woke almost confused as to where I was. When I got up this morning, my body begged me to please put it back in the bed. But I couldn't, I have to work this week. Next week I'm off and spending time with my baby... YES! I cant wait, we probably wont do much, but we'll be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment