Thursday, January 6, 2011

One of the Biggest Compliments

So I got the dates for my District Convention, so today I texted a lot of my fam to find out who was gonna be with me this summer. So far the response has been GREAT! Then my cuzzo Niq's tell me that her sister is coming into town and we're gonna eat at her house after service that morning. So I ask what she needs me to bring. She paid me the biggest compliment, she asked for the Chocolate Toffee Mountain High cake or my Garlic Mashed Loaded Baked Potatoes. I mean I don't know about the rest of the cooks of the world but when someone likes the food you prepared for them you feel AWESOME! BUT THEN WHEN THEY REQUEST AN ENCORE!!!!! THE HUGhEST COMPLIMENT EVER! Let me tell you, I got a little misty... Thanx Niq's for the love. But now let me tell you, a couple of weeks ago when we were having our dinner people weren't stepping up to bring things like they normally would. Zimo offered but she was going to be coming from out of town. How in the world was she gonna cook something and do all she had to do with her fam??? Now come on I'm not that selfish! Niq's! My BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL NIQ'S! She asked if there was anything I needed and I needed another meat with all the people added to the menu. So I asked if she could bring a ham, not only did she bring the ham, her ham ROCKED! AND she wasn't 2 1/2 hours late with it! (Eyes Rolling!) So for her, I just did a pantry check to see what I need to attempt this cake again and to make the potatoes again. For my cousins I will attempt the expensive cake and time consuming cake again! LOL! Besides all that.... it was DELICIOUS! Everything will be made with love! And this time I will only have a small piece.... I hope! LOL! I make no guarantees! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Its gonna a rocking few days. Hope to see you soon! If this is the "Niqs" I'm thinking of, yes, that girl can cook. Her hubby got skills too.

    ReplyDelete