Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dowry

I just made myself sad! I have all these fabulous ideas about how I want my wedding to go once I find the man of my dreams. But I have no DOWRY! I don't have $20 to make my dreams come true. I think I know where I want to have my reception, I want a Maggie Sottero dress (my current favorite is the Kadence style! Oh my goodness this dress is silver, blinging, and sexy! check it out: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=kadence&line=m&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=J1192). I have no idea how much this dress even cost! Not that you would ever pick out the dress before you have the man, but I LOVE this dress! How often do you see a dress and love it?
Any who, I have BIG dreams and no possible way to pull them off. I mean I even know that my engagement would have to last about a year or more. I need the opportunity to buy Turkeys when they are in season and most reasonably priced. Although I love the job my second mom does I would want her to be a guest at my wedding and not worrying about the kitchen. But how in the world would I pull that off? I don't think she would have a problem with catering for me. I would REALLY want her to be a guest at my wedding and get the chance to enjoy the ceremony and reception. I would want her to help me design the layout of the room and decide on the food and set up. But I would really love to have people carryout her vision, and not have her lift a finger. I would want to stay in the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed in on my wedding night.
Here's how I envision the day going. Rent the facility the day before and set up the day before. Take lots of pictures of the place while its empty, have our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Depending on time I would like to sit down and have breakfast with my family and all those who have come in from out of town. Then a day of BEAUTY! Photographed every step of the way. Hair, make-up, if we had time massages first. LOL! I know not necessary but doesn't that sound NICE? The bridal party (which includes mother of the bride and mother of the groom) would meet at the reception hall. The groom's men and Ushers should be at the KH already, directing cars and greeting guest. The limo bus would deliver the bridal party to the KH. Then we all get dressed. The bridesmaids are to remain unseen as well as the bride. Ceremony, and the wedding party and parents leave immediately to be photographed. Meanwhile guest travel to the reception hall. I want each guest photographed upon entry. No admittance without a photo. The invitation will state that my wedding is a formal event, and I will stress the importance of FORMAL attire for all of my guest. I want a picture of everyone in attendance. Plus I'd want everyone to take home a beautiful photo of their selves. I want good food, haven't decided what type of entertainment other than dancing. I want to dance like its 1999, LOL! I don't know if I would want to video a skit or perform one at the reception, but something totally fun, silly, but appropriate. I want a beautiful cake! See! I want I want I want! No way to make this happen. As far as a honeymoon goes, I don't have to go anywhere far just a nice hotel room, with a big bed, and HUGE TUB or Jacuzzi in the room. I have BIG dreams! Oh well, I guess that's why I have such dreams. Oh Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment