Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hazy Saturday

Oh my goodness what happened to the sun? I don't think missing the sun has ever affected me like this before. Now, I'm a fan of cold weather especially when there's a man in the house to keep you warm.... But since it has been YEARS since I've had a man around for warmth it seems like each winter keeps getting colder and colder.
You know I was talking to my mom yesterday. And she gave me a lot to think about. I will admit that the thought of it makes me sad, BUT it was probably what I needed to hear to help me a long the way. She says to me, I know you want a husband but sometimes having a man around isn't all that it cracked up to be. She says you can be doing fine all by yourself and then you add a man to the picture and everything falls apart.

I'm looking at the examples around me and its sad to say, but oh how true. I have tons of family members around me who were looking for a mate but all the while they were OK. Not the best because they desperately wanted to be married, but still doing really good. Then they marry sometimes almost right after they say I do the problems begin OR its like.... "I do" good times right? WAIT FOR IT! Good times right? WAIT FOR IT! Good times right? WRONG! DRAMA and HORRIFIC MESS! I know nothing has to be as bad as what I went through, but even in the best marriages there are times when you don't wanna be married anymore and your mate is TRULY getting on your last nerve. Although my ex would like me to believe that I'm not good enough for the man I've been praying for... I am just starting to believe he just doesn't exist. And even the perfect man is imperfect and why bother. So although tomorrow I may whine about being manless, today I'm ok with it. I got my baby to keep me warm, for now anyways. My baby is in the kitchen making us Cornish Hens with Citrus Scented Roasted Vegetables! The kitchen smells so good! Today life is good, I'm ok with my status.

No comments:

Post a Comment