Thursday, January 20, 2011

My weekend

Looking at my post I didn't tell you about my weekend. It was awesome, with a few sad moments sprinkled in. Saturday was the Cocktail party, and I don't know why the shyness came over me and I found myself in the kitchen talking to my cousins. Good conversations for sure, but I didn't mingle like I needed to. Oh well, if my weekend would've stopped there I can see being disappointed about the outcome. But I reluctantly left the party at 1am, but I had to go home and cook anyways. I didn't get in the bed until after three and then I couldn't fall asleep. But THEN I was up by 8am and out the house by 8:40am. I did so good. I made the cake Saturday before the party and made the potatoes that night. Sunday I spent most of my day cleaning my cousin's beautiful kitchen. Now I know that doesn't normally sound like fun, but her house is beautiful, and I felt like I was doing a good thing. I know I hate cleaning up after I've had company. One time I had company and when they left I found the strength to get up to clean and found that my guest had cleaned up everything. It was the MOST awesome feeling ever. So knowing how that made me feel, I try to remember to pass on the love. It was getting late and we were still having fun! That was awesome! Then tragedy struck, my cousin got the call that her father-in-law passed away. The vibe in the house changed. Everyone was on the verge of tears men included, and it was comforting to me if that makes any sense. Nets, Shun, and I had our own conversation at one point. Nets has lost both her parents, and Shun lost his father and one of my best friends. They were both being very real about their situations and it brought me comfort. Yea, me comfort, I just didn't want to be the first person to give way to tears so I wiped away the few rebellious tears but lived in the moment with my family as we shared our pains. I tried to explain myself to Shun, and apologize. Every time I melted it seemed like the worst time, in my mind and I didn't want to do that to him and the boys. I'm just happy that I got to explain myself. Now that I think about it, I'm friends with Zimo's hubby, but I was always Jasmine's friend. I was cool with her hubby, but we weren't ever close. I don't think I would have a problem crying in front of Zimo's hubby, but that's because I feel as though he knows me. I never really had convos with Shun. But we were all kids and too busy running around being kids I guess. But all in all that sadness was a welcomed sadness. That night we didn't leave until after 3am when I finished the kitchen. I came home and slept until 1pm. Then I saw that Nets texted me and invited me back to the house. I gladly went.  I gave my cousin and her hubby HUGS, I could tell she wasn't doing well at all. We hung out for a while watching comedies and laughing and laughing. I love my family, I love how silly we are. And how we can laugh at stuff! Oh and my cake and potatoes were a hit again. BIG CHEESE! I had a wonderful time this weekend just being with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment