Monday, January 3, 2011

New adventure in the Daily TJ Adventures

So when I walk into the store you cant miss his Afro, great he's a cashier today.... So I take my time browsing the fruits and veggies. I buy some NASTY instant Oatmeal (I'm not a fan of oatmeal haven't been since I was baby, but I'm swallowing it because I know its good for me, and it could be a lot worse. Plus with a whole banana smashed up in it its not so bad.), bananas, tangerines, and two bags of Pink grapefruit. My baby and I love them, its not a diet thing we just like to eat them, and they're in season this time of year.

 As I near the front of the store I scan the check out lines, of course his line is the shortest, and did I see him looking to see where I was going to go as I scanned? I'ma big gurl, I'ma go in his line, I can handle it.... The woman in front of me had three children with her. She had what looked to be a three year, a two year old, and a two and half week old. Oh the baby was so tiny and precious. But I always gush over babies, I LOVE them so..... I just don't want to have anymore personally. And the mom didn't look like she had one kid let alone a two and a half week old. I hate her, she needed to teach that class for me thirteen years ago. Push the baby and the fat all out at the same time. HOW DID SHE DO THAT???? Anywho when its my turn the conversation went like this:

Him: Hello
Me: Hello
Him: Knowing you don't need all these grapefruit
Me: Oh I LOVE grapefruit its delicious
Him: Its tart, TART!
Me: I like tart
Him: I thought I was the only one who could drink a whole container of grapefruit and be OK
Me: I've never tried that I like to eat the fruit
Him: Well when you drink the juice as fast as you can, your body will feel all tingly
Me: um, OK I'll have to try that (thinking HUH???)
Him: You want this all in one bag
Me: No, two bags would be better I have to carry it across the street
Him: I bet your house smells sweet
Me: Only when I'm baking
Him: No when you eat sweet stuff your body will smell sweet too, and I've noticed that when I eat sweet stuff I make my house smell sweet. I bet your house smells REAL sweet!
Me: (YIKES!) um, OK I'll have to pay attention... OK then
Him: You have a good day
Me: Thanx u 2

I grabbed my bags and headed out the door. My face was starting to sting. If I was fair skinned I would've been RED. Maybe it was just that I was embarrassed but it felt like everyone in line was listening. I didn't scan to see if I recognized anyone in ear shot, I just grabbed my bags and ran. LOL!  One day I wont embarrass so easily, but today.... BLUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment