Monday, October 3, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Saturday morning I over slept. So I got up with the taste, no, yearning for French Toast. Problem was that I had NOTHING in my cupboards to make this yearning go away. So off to the newly built grocery store I went. On the Food Network there's this new show called "The Sandwich King" and the host made a Chicken Mole Torta! Oh my goodness it looked SO GOOD! I really wanted some kind of a Mexican dish. I did not dare to try the torta recipe (yet!), so I wanted tacos but my baby voted for nachos. So we ran around the store gathering items to make my craving go away. But I did want to try to at least make the Tomatillo Salsa. I was SHOCKED when I realized that I had spent two hours in that store. Its something how when you don't know where anything is, it just takes longer. One day I plan to go and just walk up and down each aisle of that store. Its so nice and spacious in the new store. The old store was small and cramped in comparison. But wouldn't you know that when I got home I realized that I had forgotten one of the key ingredients to make my French Toast.... MILK! DAG NABIT! However, I had some pretty nice things to get me through the agony of a craving not met.
First thing was first, I had to put my Coconut Creme Relaxer on and get my hair on the path to DEEP conditioning. Since I knew I wasn't going anywhere else it was the perfect day to give my hair what it needed. After the application of my relaxer, and conditioner cap. I sat down with my cousin's recipe for apple dip, apples, and Jane Austen's Mansfield park to kick off my LAZY day!


My brother and sister-in-law stopped by and we held them captive the rest of the day watching movies, eating nachos, brownies and ice cream for dessert. Outside of my little adventure to the store it was so nice to spend the ENTIRE day inside. Not running around spending and wasting money. Just relaxing. I'll use another weekend to actually do my household chores, but for now... I loved my weekend.

2 comments:

  1. See now you are making me hungry. Sounds like a fun day. Where I can find more information about the CC relaxer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a video on Youtube, I think I mentioned in a previous blog. If not you can tune in to Hairs A Thought on FB if you have an account. Or her subscribe to her vlog on Youtube "brisbri", now she may not mention the relaxer on her vlog but you can find it by typing in Coconut Creme Relaxer in the search window... I'll try to find the exact one I used for inspiration. Cause there are a few.

    ReplyDelete