Wednesday, October 26, 2011

RC

OK so there was a point and time in life when I had to think REAL hard about the last time I had gone to a movie. My finances just didn't allow me to go as often as I would've liked. Well, with all of the tragedies that have struck my family in the past almost three years I can honestly say that the film industry has made pretty nickel off of me without the luxury of a wonderful change in my finances. But we're not going to talk about that part. My baby knows the routine, I just don't feel comfortable about relaxing my head on a surface where any kind of bug or filthiness is lurking. SO, when we go to the theater we have to have hood with us, but this also applies to public transportation. Either we put them on our head of over the chair so we can relax, one or the other. But I demand that... just one of the makings of me. LOL! Anywho, so after making sure that I sit in the row with rail right in front of me so I can put my feet up, my baby brother a few years ago introduced me to Rialto Cinemas Cerritos. Its a small theater, they can only show no more than two movies there at a time. But I love the cozy at home feel of the design. First of all you can order wine or beer or both there.... SCORE! And they have a Full Kitchen and menu you can order from. You pay for your tickets and place your order with the chef. They give you a number that you take to your seat with you. I always shoot for the couch. One time we planned ahead and brought our blankets... JOYFUL BLISS! I love to go there and relax and watch a movie.
So yesterday I went and I went straight after work. It was my Tuesday evening spontaneous date with myself. Pullover in tow, I only indulged in popcorn this time. (Yes no alcohol or burger, etc.) But what made me laugh internally is as I switched lounging directions in on my couch. I had to sit up and move my pullover. I'm sure if someone was watching me there were like "Come ON!" Fortunately there were only two other people in the theater with me. But let me tell you. I always imagine going there on a date. Just kicking back on the couch watching a new release and feeling almost like we're at home. (SMILE) A useless daydream I know, but sometimes I cant help but fantasy about when its my turn. Oh well meanwhile that will be the place that I steal away to when I'm alone or just me and my baby...

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry for that unfortunate loss...Time will soften the pain. And our father will soon undo whats causing you heartbreak. What your enduring will make seeing her, hugging her, that much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete