Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sunday Dinner

OK so for the past two Sundays I've made dinner for my family. The Sunday before last we had a lovely meal together:

Smothered Cube Steak
Garlic Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Salad
Kale
WINE!

It was a LOVELY meal and my parents enjoyed it greatly! In an attempt to incorporate more healthy meals into my family's meal plan. I have been introducing everyone to Quinoa. Quite Frankly I LOVE IT! Unfortunately for her my sister doesn't like it, and if her children feel the same way they haven't spoken on it in my ear shot. But I think I will force it on everyone in place of rice. (evil smile) So this past Sunday we had:

Turkey Breast, Mushroom, and Quinoa mixture
Green beans
Asparagus
Salad
WINE!

But this time I added dessert to the menu since we did so well on dinner and we had:
Sweet Potato Pie (Sara Lee)
Brownies (Trader Joe's with Chocolate chips)
Homestyle Vanilla Ice Cream

My thing was no one could have both either pie or brownie, and ice cream. Not bad right.....

Well I'm already thinking ahead. And even though the reception I got this weekend had me more than a little irritated I think I will ignore my first inclination not to cook this Sunday and take on making Chicken Enchiladas Suiza! YES! YUM! I LOVE green chicken enchiladas. Spicy and TASTY! YES! My mouth waters a little bit at the thought of it. Now this is all pending my energy level on Sunday, but this is what I see my taste buds enjoying:

Chicken Enchiladas Suiza
Beef Enchiladas
Spanish Rice
Refried Beans or Black (haven't decided)
Salad
WINE! or maybe Margaritas (anything with Tequila!) LOL!
We'll see......

1 comment:

  1. I want some! No seriously! I want some! Teleport plate here! Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete