Monday, October 3, 2011

My Kitchen

A few months ago I went to Napa with some friends (my 1st time going) and we went to a few wineries. I was very HAPPY! And during my happy rant I found a kitchen towel that was ABSOLUTELY beautiful to me. Its a dark plum/purple color, and it has a cocktail glass on it and the boarder is black and white zebra print. In my HAPPY excitement I told my friend that I wanted to paint my kitchen that color and I would use that towel for inspiration. Well imagine my surprise when I found that she bought the towel for me. Whenever I have a moment to think of the improvements I can make to my house, and I think of my kitchen. Right now its a lousy cream color (I HATE WHITE WALLS and almost white). I want to take the towel to Home Depot and have them create paint for me in the same color. I figure I could use Black, White, and Chrome Items in my kitchen. Now when I told my father my idea he said "that's going to make the kitchen dark" and he did not approve. Is it bad that his comment makes me want to do it more? LOL! No disrespect dad but the cream in the kitchen is not doing it for me. And its not like I would be covering a lot of space with the color anyways. The rest of the house needs to painted as well. But I am on the fence about my color choice. I know that Lighter colored walls bring space and light and air to the house. Unfortunately I have too much traffic thru my house and the transients don't know how to keep their hands and other appendages off the walls. Now I plan to continue to fuss about it, but I would prefer not to see hand prints on my walls first thing as I walk into a room. Any who I digress. I have a question. Can I find this:

as a wall paper boarder anywhere? I would like this to go across the top the wall in the kitchen. AND!!!!! A wall decal of some sort for the kitchen. Even if it was only a Martini glass. I would love it. Question is, where do I find it. My parent's 42nd wedding anniversary is coming up in December, I will have folks over as usual. I wonder if I could get at least the kitchen done before then? I guess I should look for the boarder. I find that its on!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mylanta! I think I just found the boarder on Amazon.com.... Wish me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute, I love zebra print too.

    ReplyDelete