Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The wedding

OK, so I forgot to tell you what the end resolve was for the wedding this Saturday (that time has flown by).... I went shopping in my closet. At first I pulled out one of my bridesmaid dresses from my best friend's wedding. It fit but I didn't want to wear red to the wedding. Its beautiful Claret (THAT DOG GONE CLARET COLOR DROVE US CRAZY TRYING TO MATCH IT AT THE FABRIC STORE! We needed color swatches to send to those helping with the wedding who were out of the area.)  color but I didn't want to stand out. Then I stumbled upon a dress that I've only worn once. OK choke back the tears, I bought it to wear to my beautiful flower's tenth year wedding anniversary.This will be my first time wearing it since then. Trying my hardest not to have feelings about that part. Maybe my suppression is half of the problem. But the dress is pretty simple. Black satin and long, the straps are small but not spaghetti, not even close, but they're not thick if that makes sense. They have a little Rhinestone circle at the base of them. The dress is simply nice. Everyone wore black as requested by the couple. Then they wore white. The pictures came out really nice. Jasmine wore a white dress and her hubby wore a white suit & Fedora his hat looked like this:

And then the suit followed suit, it was white with a black shawl. Their boys were dressed like their father. They looked GREAT! It was a fun night. We danced, we ate, we drank... good times! Putting on this dress for the first time the other day felt weird, I had forgotten I even had this dress. Who knew five years later....

OK, but the point of this post was tell you that I went shopping in my closet and found something to wear. I have shoes and accessories to wear with the dress already. Including a purse I just bought. Now the purse is Black & Royal Blue (which is sometimes confused with purple) and it has a little Rhinestone closure. So YAY for me! I wanted to go to MAC and get my makeup done, but I don't know that I can afford it. Oh well. I will try to do my best to look nice. I cant believe the wedding is this Saturday... Wow! All of her planning will come to this day. I plan on having a blast. Will talk to you soon. ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds loveley ;) The best clothes are those with memories..have a great night when you wear that dress again.

    ReplyDelete