Saturday, October 23, 2010

To be Continued!

OK so I FINALLY made it through Tyler Perry's interview on Oprah. I admit the first time I turned the TV off and walked away. I wasn't in the right place to sit down and watch that interview. But yesterday I did it. I sat down and watched the whole thing and I was in the right place to watch it this time. I have felt so understood when he was talking. He said his body would betray him. I know that feeling all too well. I understand the questioning who you really are because of horrible things that happened to you and feeling like what does that mean? Having your innocence robbed from you at an early age. Where you look at everyone else was normal and like you're an outsider wishing to be on the inside. My doctor said there are numerous ways of acting out, and the most common is when people are just out there with anyone because they don't know how to feel. Or someone like who tries to fall to the background and be invisible.
But there was that natural want to stand out, I blame it on my dad's family. Its full of singers and dancers, people who just want to be center stage and admired for something. Well I'm not much of a singer although I love to sing in the shower. :o) But my gift or talent was writing. I could tell a story like nobody's business. It was one of the only things that kept me honest. And it helped me escape all that tormented my soul. This is just a quick blog today as I have to try and get out in the world today.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with your gift for writing. and that's why i thought blogging would work for you. i love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete