Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Best Mom

OK so every August 19th my child and I celebrate the anniversary of when I found out I was pregnant with them. I take that entire week off from work to spend with them and its our time together. Unfortunately outside of the year we went to Disneyland, I am normally broke as a joke when our anniversary rolls around. So we have to be creative about the things we do together. This year we planned ahead and told each that we would exchange gifts. My baby bought me the following:

 Its a Ear ring, Necklace, and bracelet set. Each piece has that heart hanging from it and it says "Best Mom"! I absolutely LOVE IT! I wear it as often as I can. The clasp on the necklace is small so I have to ask my baby for help in the morning when I put it on. My baby said, "you must really like this, you wear it all the time". I told my baby.... "OF COURSE I DO! My baby bought it for me out of the kindness of their heart why wouldn't I love it!" One time Zimo bought me a colorful butterfly necklace. I love it too. I've had it for years now, but the last time I wore it the butterfly tried to fly away. I have to fix that so that it doesn't actually fall of and get lost next time. I would be sad. But I love it when someone has thought enough of me to spend their hard earned money on me. My child's father bought me an iPod. At the time it was the top of the line one. Ask me if I still have? Ask me if I still use it? I ain't crazy just because the relationship didn't work out doesn't mean I still don't appreciate the gift. Even though he didn't spend his hard earned money on it. And he actually used the money that another female gave him to buy it for me. But I look at it this way, he didn't have to buy me anything. It was a complete surprise and I was so THANKFUL when I got it. Later I found out that I wasn't as thankful as he had hoped, but hey "YOU GET WHAT YOU GET!" LOL! I gave him a BIG HUG and thousands of kisses on the cheeks. LOL! But the buck stopped there. LOL! I made dinner later shoot what else did he think was gonna happen???? ANY WHO!!!! I'm not one of those people who gets showered with presents on a regular basis. So I normally want to keep every aspect of the gift. I don't want to tear the wrapping, I want to save it to remember the whole experience. LOL! But I appreciate it whenever someone thinks enough of me to act on it. I hate when I give someone something and you never see it or you can tell they don't appreciate it. The last vacation my baby and I went on, we brought back gifts for our family and a couple of friends. I enjoy the gifts we brought back for ourselves more than I've seen from the receipents. True they werent expensive, but does a gift have to be expensive to be appreciated? Its the thought that counts right? That's what I thought. I used to love going shopping for nothing with my father as he picked out something nice for my mother. The just because presents were always the best. I hope I marry a man who would do something like that for me. :o) I mean even the monkey would surprise me with a snicker from time to time. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment