Monday, February 6, 2012

Shopping



OK so Friday I was on a mission after work. The last ten minutes of the day became the MOST stressful of the entire week. Still determined to go to the wedding the next day. I decided in my mind that I needed a cardigan to wear with my strapless number. BUT! 1st I went to Lane Bryant looking for my dress just in case the person over the phone didn't understand what I was asking for and they actually did receive it in. But alas... NO! No dress. (insert sad face) When I walked into the store I was greeted by an associate who asked if I needed any help. And since I didn't have all day to stroll their store I told her what I was looking for. She pointed me in a direction, but she offered me no real help. I hate when people pretend like they want to help you but they really have no desire to. She sent me to the Clearance rack... and now that I think about it... I guess I should be insulted.

Here's why:
She pointed me to the clearance rack. There were all kinds things thrown about here and there. No real organization to that section which made it impossible to find anything. I did find a cardigan and it had sequins on it. Fancier than I wanted but hey if its nicely priced I'd take it any ways. Do you know at 50% off that cardigan still cost more than the dress I was wearing. So I walked away from the clearance section and took one last glance around the store for the dress. And I spotted a cardigan like the one I had in my mind in a bright lime green on a mannequin. So I ask the associate where could I find that sweater in black. And she takes me to the table right in the front of the store. If I asked you for cardigans why wouldn't you have shown me this if you knew this is what I was looking for????? Any way I pick up the sweater, and although the material felt thin and cheap, I was going to buy it. Then I looked at the price... lets just say not quite $50. And I said out loud, "WHOA!" and the associate says a very sarcastic "yea". And so I said, "let me see if I can find this cheaper somewhere else, otherwise I'll be back". If I wasn't so DOG GONE SLOW I probably would've given that associate the look of death as I the returned the cardigan to the table and walked out of there. I passed a few other stores and one I actually stepped inside of when I saw their cardigan in the display window. They were only a couple dollars cheaper than LB. Then I made my way to JC Penny. I found not only one cardigan but two (AW! Options!) and each priced at $18! I wanted to cry. I was so happy. I tried them both on right there on the floor next to the racks. And then I paid for my purchase. I felt so good finding what I was looking for and the total was less than $20! Oh yes! That's what I'm talking about! As for that Associate, I felt like going back to that store and holding my purchase out in front of her and saying:
"You work on Commission don't you? BIG MISTAKE! HUGE! OK now I must hurry! I have more shopping to do." END SCENE! SMILES

No comments:

Post a Comment