Monday, January 23, 2012

Ok so she lied

Friday I found myself wandering the mall. I knew I wanted to find a small travel friendly umbrella. But I had some time to kill, so I mozied over to the mall. We actually stepped into the Ashley store, and to my delight I did see a lot of the things I saw online (but I didn't see the zebra print dress). I tried on one of their bras, I HATED the way it fit me and when I explained to the Associate in the store how it fit me she said I needed a "bigger" size I ran out the store in horror! LOL! I know a lot of women want what they don't have, but thanks to my daddy's family I'm not lacking in the bosom area. It is a challenge most days to find something that fits them and still makes me look nice. The fit was not right on this bra and I refuse to buy a bigger size. I will stick to Frederick's Of Hollywood. They carry my size and it fits right every time. I may go back try another style at Ashley, but Friday wasn't the day. So we're walking around the mall and I see "EZ Eyebrow" on the upper level. And I remember they used to have a booth in the middle of the mall. Now they have store space. We stood in the doorway looking at the pricing sign. My hands INSTANTLY broke into a sweat... Why you ask? Um well, this whole be a girl thing is still something that I'm slowly breaking myself into. And I know that getting my eyebrows done HURTS! So I asked the lady who approached us if it hurt. They had a video going, which showed the whole string process. Then she said "No it doesn't hurt..." so I nervously said OK. I sat in the slanted chair. And another woman comes over to actually do the work. The woman who told me no, disappeared in the back. She was probably laughing knowing that she just LIED to me. So this was my first time like this... and all I can say is OUCH! It hurt so bad I had to twitch my leg. I wanted to jump out the chair and RUN! But I didn't want to run around like this:
So I sat there and endured. It went pretty fast, thank goodness. And in the end I liked the outcome... but I tell you.. the things girls go through in the name of beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment