Wednesday, January 11, 2012

O 2 Ikea!

O IKEA! IKEA! IKEA! Rewind time almost thirteen years ago, I went ot New York with a group of friends. I can see it like it was yesterday, its amazing how time flies. A group of single galls hanging out with the local single gall having a GREAT time! And to think all but two of our group are now moms. At the time I was the ONLY mom and they seemed to think it was funny (probably a bit annoying) that every time we stood still I was calling to check on my child. I bet they understand the feeling now, and probably question why I went in the first place.
Any who... one afternoon before we set out on our way we were hanging out in the bedroom of a beautful Brown Stone, flipping through magazines and getting ready for our next departure. We stumbled across an Ikea catalog... Instantly we were in love. And now when I say we I mean Zimo and I. They still carry the style to this date, but we fell in love with the Loft like bunk bed. Oh to be young again, because today nothing about that bed attracts me at all. Climbing to sleep, climbing for mid-night bathroom breaks, etc. But we feel in love with the store through the catalog. I would have catalogs sent to me all the time.
THEN! A couple of years later they build a store out here on the West Coast. Que the choir! AWWWWWWWWW! Normally I would wait for the location to stop being a novelty before I would go and explore. But I couldnt wait. I went IMMEDIATELY! And yep! I was in LOVE! I fell in love with a bed, but by the time I could afford it they no longer sold that design. I bought two dressers from there, and happily brought them home and assembled them. I just laid the last one to rest last year after ten plus years. I've bought quite a few items from there, and each time I have been happy with my purchaes.
NOW!!!!! Here I stand... I need a new entertainment center, couches, bookshelfs, the whole nine... and YAY for me that IKEA is there to help me do this. My budget is so TIGHT that its just about nonexistnent. So places like IKEA are always winners in my book. I used their planning tool to put together a low budget but uniformed entertainment center. I like that I can customize the items to make it fit my needs. I know there's tons of furniture stores out there. But in this economy I cant afford the prices. So I will be piecing together the parts I need until eventually I have them all. I just wanna say THANX IKEA! You will provide with the tools I need to FINALLY make my house a home. And at a pace my pocket book can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment