Friday, March 9, 2012

Pretty Darn CUTE!

 Pattern Print Dress
OK so, I'm minding my own business when I see this dress. What is ASHLEY trying to do to me! At first I tried to ignore it, looking at the other items on the site. But my eyes kept going back to this one. Notice how the right shoulder is bare... I was in love! I just wish that it would look like this on me. Who knows it might, I'd have to go to Ashley and find out. Fortunately there are currently two locations close to my home. So I could try both  if one doesn't carry it. I'm thinking the shoes I got in Long Beach would be KILLER with this dress.... or they could possibly be too much. Hmmmmm I'd have to see.

This dress, those shoes, or my new shoes, and a chocolate purse. I have a perfect purse to pair with this. My amazing friend  Betty #1 sells the cutest purses. Just the other day I almost wiped her whole inventory clean as she had some REALLY good stuff. When I look at my purses I see outfits. I think its pretty amazing that someone like me has become so girlie. But hey, I think its about time that my attention started running this way. Shoes, purses, clothes! Whoa!

This is not the 80's or even the early 90's when clothes weren't made to flatter big girls. As if it was our punishment for how we looked. Nowadays it can still be somewhat of a challenge to find cute clothes but no more a challenge than when I was smaller and still couldn't find anything that flattered my curves instead of highlighting them. Modesty will always be a challenge for any person out who wants to represent their self nicely but not cheaply. Just because you got them doesn't mean they have to hang loose.

What the world needs now is imagination. NOTHING is left to the imagination anymore. I guess a lot of people are more in your face about things that I still value as mine, and only shared with a SPECIAL someone. I try to instill this in my child, not to think the little girls running around with everything hanging out is just the way things have to be, and just accept them. No, a lady should conduct herself a certain way. And since everyone is going in the opposite direction, a lady shouldn't be hard to spot. OK, ok, I'll get off my soapbox...

No comments:

Post a Comment