Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blast from the past


Although physically unseen you're here. My blast from the past took me WAY back to yesteryear. Back to a day when we were BFF's and I naively thought that would always be the case. 
As I eagerly await the moment that my caller ID announces that it's you're on the other end my brain swishes as I remember the good and not so good times we shared. 
During a very turbulent time in my life you were my ray of sunshine. I remember our time together like it was yesterday. I'll never forget how we met, how our friendship started, the good times, the bad times, and how we ended. 
Even if you never call, your excited response to the current day me will forever warm my heart. I didn't feel judged or like I should be ashamed of what's become of me. Your acceptance of me provokes my acceptance of you. Friends we were, and friends is what I hope we will be. I miss you old friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment