Thursday, April 18, 2013

NO Sweet with the Serious


OK so you know how I have this rule that I live by? NO SWEET WITH THE SERIOUS!!!!!!! It's a pretty strict rule in my life. Sweet and Sour PORK???? Are you trying to kill me? Pork should always be SERIOUS! All my serious foods should always be serious! No sweetness to them. I know I'm dramatic but if you wanna see me have a dramatic fit, give me something I consider serious drenched in sweetness. FOR EXAMPLE!!! We went out to this FANCY restaurant in San Francisco for my cousin's anniversary. I was trying to decide what I was having. The menu said pork shank and something about grapes. RED FLAG! So I was trying to be adventurous and really consider it. Listening to my inner self I went with something else, but my sisterinlaw ordered the dish. When her plate came my insides screamed:

Do you see all the sweet stuff on the serious stuff? She said it was delicious and tender. Ok, ok it did fall off the bone, but my goodness! How about NO! And it did smell good, but THAT'S NOT MY POINT!

So now, that I've subjected you to more of my drama queen ways, you tell me have I betrayed my logic.... (swallow) Don't tell nobody ok? (Dont read anymore if you cant promise to keep this between me and you!) But there's this place in Walnut Creek that serves FRESH made ice cream. Yep I said it ice cream! Wait for it! So I go there yesterday. And this place has some traditional and a few "non-traditional" flavors. Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry, Tequila, Mexican Hot Chocolate, Butter Pecan, etc. Yea, I tried to slip that tequila in there but hey there's rum raisin so why would tequila be weird? Then there's nontraditional like Corn, Cheese, Avocado, and a few others I cant recall off the top of my head. So I asked to taste the avocado........ OH MYLANTA!!!!!! I had to have it! So I got Avocado and Coffee. Let me tell you as dramatically as I can how delicious this was. (I'm in a dramatic place today, can you tell? LOL!) The avocado ice cream was creamy and smooth and then there were frozen chunks of SMOOTH avocado in it. (Eyes rolling back in head thinking about it.) It wasn't overly sweet, but oh so DELICIOUS! AND THEN! Mixed with the coffee it was OFF THE HOOK! I was content the rest of the day after eating that. So now, technically avocados are fruit! So technically I did not betray my logic by eating it in a ice cream. BUT does that mean, could it possibly say..... that every time I eat a delicious guacamole I am enjoying a sweet with the serious? NO! NO! Say it ain't SO!
I have decided that since avocado is a fruit technically and it can go either way it is NOT a contradiction of my rule. NO! I am not a hypocrite, stop saying that! But this is one of those grey areas for me. MY RULE STILL STANDS!!! No sweet with the serious! NOW..... Get me back to Guantnos off of Treat Blvd so I can have more Avocado Ice Cream. (smiles)

No comments:

Post a Comment