Monday, February 4, 2013

It's ok


OK so I started out Friday really happy and excited for a Niner win this weekend. But in all honesty I was really nervous and not so sure. But as you can see, I put on a brave face anyways. As the weekend progressed I didn't know how I felt from moment to moment. Niner's Please win syndrome for real. But alas, we did not win. I'm dealing with the loss a lot better than my baby is though. My baby cried, which was surprising to see. You just don't know how important something is to the children until it goes wrong sometimes. I couldn't say it was just a game in the middle of their tears. So I said maybe next year we'll get there. I hope, I hope.

Meanwhile in other news I finally accomplished something and it only took me a year to do it. LOL! For the past year I've been trying to figure out a lemon recipe. A friend of mine asked me to make them anything with lemon in it. One early morning when inspiration hit me the hardest I came up with an idea. I made an extra lemon, lemon curd and then a really rich lemon topping. I bought (which now means I will be on a mission to learn how to make from scratch) graham cracker crust.... ok so this pie is REALLY REALLY RICH!!! But in the end its delicious! My family and friend loved it. Yay! Yay me! So now I gotta get my mind wrapped around a graham cracker crust which shouldn't be too hard to do. Especially since I've mastered a traditional pie crust. YES! Then I will go back to perfecting my own Peach cobbler recipe. I got pretty close, but I wasn't quite there.

No comments:

Post a Comment