Monday, February 18, 2013

A moment away

I had the privilege to spend a few hours away with the people I talk to the most these days. I'm just gonna tell you, it was pretty awesome! Having a real moment with real people really helps the coping with everyday realities. My Soul Sistah Number One and I go all the way back to elementary school. To have that connection with someone who's known you that long is always amazing to me. There's certain things I don't have to explain about myself cause she was right there when I was going through it. And my sister in-law and I have had our moments, but we started off as friends and these days it seems like we're back where we started.
So we said we're Grown now, lets have an adult activity. An adult activity we did. I had a wonderful time out in Napa with my girls. I don't know why I always thought it was so far away from The Bay, but its right there! Although I'm not much of a drinker these days, I still enjoy the occasional drink. Wine with dinner always sounds great to me.

Does it make me a foodie if all I could think about was the meals that I would pair my wines with? One wine made me think of a mushroom risotto. One of these days I will get back in my kitchen and start creating fantastic meals again. I think I'll start with a wine and build my meal around that. YUMMY!
I don't know why its upside down, but maybe its a reflection of how happy we were in the end.

As usual thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment