Friday, August 24, 2012

Sparkle


Last Friday I went to see the Whitney Houston remake of Sparkle. Let me paint the scene first. My family and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this movie. I like a lot of people grew up on the original movie. I was going back and forth with family and friends on FB reciting lines from the original movie. Good times!
So days before I sat down and watched the making of this movie, and they explained that the story would be told differently. I'm so happy I had that little disclosure before watching the movie. Or else I couldve become extremely irritated with the movie.
But I had a very LONG week at work. And by the end of my day on Friday I was BEAT! I told my family about my week leading up to my day. If you haven't noticed I am the story teller in my family. But by the end of my story my sister-in-law said she felt stressed. LOL!
So imagine my extreme delight and surprise when I found out that this movie was playing at my honeycomb hideout. I've blogged about it before. Couches, a Kitchen, Beer, and WINE...... HELLO! We bought a bottle of Zinfandel and we split it amongst three glasses. I needed that, and then I got comfy on the couch with my blanket that we always bring when we go there. A few friends were at the theater as well. We chatted a bit before the movie, but afterwards I was very "animated" to say the least.
Like our friend said they made the movie a little more up beat for mainstream. In the end Sparkle makes it just like she did in the first movie.
All in all I give the remake a B! If I never saw the original I would've like it probably even more. I wonder how Lonetta McGee, Irene Cara, Michael Philip Thomas feel about the remake? I'm curious... Maybe I'll look for that on the Internet.

As always thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment