Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HOT Saturday!!!!




OK so knowing that I was going to travel East to Sacramento this past weekend I knew it would be HOT! (the thermometer in my car read 107 out there, and coming from the Bay Area where it was only 75 degrees that was a HUGE difference.) Looking online I saw this Linen Pantsuit. No sleeves, and short pant legs I figured it would be pretty nice to wear.
A girlfriend of mine got married last month and she was having a casual get together to celebrate her nuptials. Everything I had in my closet made me hot at the thought of them. So I decided I wanted to go try this on, and see how it fit me. Well I looked all over the store and I couldn't find this specific outfit. And since I've gained all my weight back nothing was fitting the way I thought it should. Almost completely discouraged I found a brown dress. It was nice enough, but I didn't feel great about it at first.
Here it is!

You know how the lighting in the store will make something look better than it actually does. I was afraid that would be the case with this dress, but I took it home anyways. When I put it on with my accessories I looked in my mirror. WAIT! I think I love it?????? Once I made up my face and spruced up my curls everything came together. I looked in the mirror and I heard that voice inside my head say not bad. BIG SMILE! The dress came to my knees, and its completely sleeveless. It has somewhat of a cowl neckline, but an under stated and almost tank like appearance. So imagine a tank kind of linen material dress. and then it has a brown belt with a very simple gold buckle. It was comfortable, light weight, and flattering on my body. I wore gold sandals, gold bangles, and a stone colored purse that has gold "hardware" (or however you explain that). OH YES! I felt cute.
My girl's friends, family, and new family were very nice and funny. They attempted to teach me how to play poker. This was my first time touching a poker chip, and if I do say so they're just as cool in person as they seem on TV. LOL! I say attempted to cause I'm too inquisitive to learn something without asking fifty million questions, and since it was a learn the basics and figure the details out as you play I was trying. Having a ball all the same.
OH! But then..... OK so a guy there was getting ragged on for how little his car was. When it was time to go, I was surprised to see his Smart car. I told him I called those cars "Death Traps" because in an accident I can only see your body taking the full impact, PLUS I dont like how small the cabin space is. Then he insisted you gotta drive it. After he continued to strongly encourage me to take the car around the block, I took him up on his offer. I got behind the wheel prejudging the sheer lack of size of this car. Well yea, I ate crown... that thing felt as big as my car as I drove it down the street. I forgot how small that car was while I drove around. He was right, you didn't feel like the walls were caving in on you. And I DO NOT like tight spaces. But it was ok in that car. I even started thinking it wouldn't make for a bad commuter car to and from work. :)

Well Ta Ta for now! Thank you again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment