Thursday, December 15, 2011

Helpless

Right now I'm feeling pretty helpless. My child confided in me that someone at school was hitting and kicking them. When my child tells me anything about someone hurting them I am quick to respond and protect. But I called their father first, and their father said that we should allow our child to handle the situation properly before we get involved. I know in my mind he's right, but I really want to protect my baby. I know I didn't almost die giving birth to that child for them to end up someone's punching bag even if its an improperly expressed crush. UGH! I wanna go down there so badly and demand that my child is left alone. But I'm trying to listen and not be so impulsive. The waiting has me feeling helpless, and powerless. I feel like I'm letting my baby down although I know he's right. I guess this is one of those practice sessions for when I have a real man in my life. I know he's right, but its just not the way I wanted to handle the situation. So in addition to telling our child to report the situation to their teachers, I also sent a email to the teachers and I put both of our contact information, etc in the email. Now I'm waiting to see what happens next... HELP! Relax, Relate, Release!

No comments:

Post a Comment