Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wedding Cakes

So I'm talking to my aunt about weddings. Last year when we had dinner for my parent's anniversary I made three cakes... do you remember? A pound cake, Red Velvet, and a Mountain High Fudge Cake as I like to call it. When my aunt tasted my RVC she jokingly said she wanted me to make her wedding cake. I was honored but SPOOKED all at the same time. I think I need to practice, and maybe I can figure it out on my own. I would LOVE to create a cake that looked like this:

I would be quite HAPPY with myself if I could pull that off. So I guess I'm going to Michaels and grabbing some fondant and practicing. Even if the cake is homemade there's no reason why it should have to look that way.


4 comments:

  1. Those are nice cakes! Love the details of the first one!

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Maybe one day you can make my cake :o) I'd hire you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms, I know if she didnt love the way your cake tasted and didnt think you could pull off a nice looking cake, she wouldnt have asked you to bake her WEDDING CAKE (the most important cake ever lol) Im not such a fan of fondant (takes from the taste of the cake) What I would consider is checking out a few of those Martha stewart wedding magazines and seeing how the cakes look. You'll be surprised how nice the frosted look can be!

    ReplyDelete