Monday, November 7, 2011

Not the 1st time

Although this is not my first time to the Rodeo, it still goes without words the first time your hold your new niece or nephew. My brother just made me an Aunt again, but tell me my heart didn't flutter when my little Lady Bug responded to my voice. Because of unforeseen events things didn't go as planned for the new parents. So they had to concede to allow family to gush all over them. I know, I know a real problem right. LOL! But the baby had to stay under observation for a while so when I first laid eyes on her, only my brother could hold her. She was sweet and innocent, a little doll. Well yesterday I went by the hospital and my sister-in-law was feeding her. During Lady Bug's brief come up for air, she gave her to me. And she wanted to continue eating so she started to fuss. So I started talking to her, do you know she stopped crying to look at me. Then she continued to look at me like, "I know that voice". And if I stopped talking she would fuss, but as soon as I spoke to her she would stop and look at me. OH I LOVED IT! Maybe it was the same tone her father uses when he talks to her (I'm always told that we talk the same... even though he has a very deep and masculine voice I understand what people mean) that made her respond to me. Whatever the deal... I'LL take it! LOL! I am very happy and satisfied with my encounter with my niece until I can hold her all day long. I know that wont happen though, there are a ton of folks who EXCITED to meet her. I probably wont get to have that moment until she's 13 and everyone is running from the new teen on the scene. LOL!

2 comments: